“When you go on the internet, please pray for the Hoffman Family – your missionaries to Cyberspace.”
Volume 32 Issue 4 (July/August 2019)
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
The Latest News:
- Maureen and I were able to set up our display at the East Texas Baptist Camp Meeting again this year, We made some more good friends and saw a lot of old friends.
- Maureen and I had the opportunity to present our ministry to the wonderful people at Calvary Baptist Church in Mesquite Texas in July. We have known Pastor Duane and Lori Meyers for quite a while and have been hosting their website at cbcmesquite.com since February 2010. Calvary Baptist Church has also been a long time, faithful supporter of our ministry. Going to Calvary is like going home. In addition to hosting I am also maintaining their website and promoting their events for them. I set up their Facebook page for them, and turned that over to the church members who are able to maintain, update and respond to inquiries from visitors in a timely manner.
Church Website Ministry:
- We were notified that our hosting provider is tripling the cost of our servers. We are on a platform that provides CPanel hosting, so every ministry we host has the ability to control their own domain with their own CPanel account. As you know we provide FREE hosting for independent Baptist ministries. Server costs are not passed on to our “clients.” We are currently hosting around 125 ministries at no charge to them. Our hosting provider is claiming that CPanel has raised their licensing fees by 1000%. Hence our server costs are increasing. This has basically wiped out all the savings I have been working so hard on. So – good news is we are migrating to a new more stable platform with more features. The bad news is I have lost all the cost savings we had been working towards. I have been able to move things around on their servers, and the way I have things configured we can still see some cost savings for a while, depending on our growth, even with the server costs increasing. I am midway through the process of migrating onto these new servers.
Bible Correspondence Courses:
We want to thank Katherine Feguer, Lydia Henrici, J.L. & Florence Smith and Lorraine Meier for helping on the Bible Correspondence courses over the last quarter.
2nd Quarter Stats:
- Lessons: 719
- Students: 119 of which 29 are prisoners and 20 are international
- Students completing all of our courses: 1
- Certificates: 23
- Salvations: 1, a 16 year old girl in Nigeria
- Countries: Australia, Canada, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Tanzania and USA
Here are some comments we received from people that are taking the correspondence courses:
- A student in Alabama writes…God bless all of you at FamilyNet. Always in my prayers. This lesson was one of my favorite. Really enjoyed every word. Good Lord willing Wed. May 22, I’ll be 67 years young. Hope everyone is doing well! We enclosed a birthday card with his next lesson!
Tract Ministry: We have “given out” over 100,100 Bible Tracts online.
Social Networking Outreach: I get new requests on my evangelistic Facebook account regularly. I now have 2554 “friends” in my evangelistic Facebook account. This is a valuable tool to reach the unsaved.
Support: We are currently at 68% of support for our ministry expenses.
- Maureen has some internal problems and has been seeing several doctors. She will be requiring surgery later in the year/early next year.
- Bob’s prostate cancer appears to be gone. Still recovering from the side effects. Latest health problem Satan is throwing his way is a “moderately” leaking heart valve. Cardiologist is not concerned at this time. Bob has follow up stress test on August 20. No symptoms. Still working out.
- Would you consider praying for us when special needs arise? If so, please subscribe to our prayer warrior’s mailing list.: http://eepurl.com/SYbI9.
Specific Financial Needs:
- I am happy to report one of our supporting churches picked up our server and security costs for 2019!
- We have some large packages of Bible lessons going to Kenya. Total cost will be about $400.
Please consider a donation. FamilyNet is a 501 (C)(3) charity. Donations are tax deductible in the US – You can donate via PayPal (Donate button is on https://cyber-missions.org) or mail a check:
FamilyNet International Inc
P.O. Box 451951
Garland, TX 75045
In Jesus’ Service,
Bob and Maureen