“When you see the DOG go to GOD in prayer for the Hoffman Family – missionaries to Cyberspace.”
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
The Latest News: The website hacking has been controlled. The demands of the Greyhound job are still going strong. I am continuing the migration of websites off the current providers due to major security issues the hosting service. Maureen’s health has improved. Please continue to keep us and this ministry in prayer!
Church Website Ministry:
- I received a call from a member of Lake Valley Baptist Church in Moses Lake Washington. The Pastor left and they are in the process of trying to grow the church. He wanted information on the website. He will recommend that we continue hosting their website at lakevalleybaptist.org. We then discussed additional domains. Tim understands the concept of “branding” even for a church (as for a business). We decided to add the .com and .net version of their domain. I registered lakevalleybaptist.com and lakevalleybaptist.net, and “parked” them on lakevalleybaptist.org so that all three domains will reach their website.
- Received the following email… Hi, my name is __ and I’m new to Faith Baptist Church in Taylor, TX. They are a very small congregation (about 20 people) and the pastor and his wife have no technical understanding at all. I’ve offered to try to resurrect the website and get it updated. The website is faithbctaylor.com. There is no church phone as no one is there often enough and the church budget is so low they can’t afford it. Pastor doesn’t even have internet at home. Thank you for your ministry in having kept this domain from being taken over. How long have you maintained it? It was through the website that I at least found the church when I just moved to Taylor in the last couple of weeks. I’m very thankful it was still up and going.
- I rescued the domain danieltown.org several years ago. I was contacted by the Pastor Lovelace asking if I could make the site available for them to update. After a bit of conversation, the Pastor’s wife thought that WordPress would be a good place to start. I set them up on WordPress and built them a basic website. The website has been turned over to them to update.
Bible Correspondence Courses: We want to thank Katherine Feguer, John & Lydia Henrici, JL and Florence Smith and Laura Cahill for helping on the Bible Correspondence courses over the last quarter.
- Third Quarter Stats: We mailed out 658 lessons and 26 certificates to 148 active students (13 international (in 11 countries) and 17 incarcerated). We have seen four people trust Christ as Savior and provided three Bibles. We have active students in the USA, Brunei, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Philippines, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- Here are some comments we received from people that are taking the correspondence courses:
Greetings from Malawi the warm Heart of Africa. I thank God for connecting us to you people. We are learning great secrets of the Kingdom of God. Each lesson is taking us somewhere and really the writers of these lessons were inspired by the Living spirit of God. My greetings to all that you share the name of Christ.
Tract Ministry: We have “given out” over 65,000 Bible Tracts online. The tract ministry has suffered due to the website hacking. It is picking up as I am rebuilding the hacked websites.
Social Networking Outreach: I get new requests on my evangelistic Facebook account regularly. I now have 2295 “friends” in my evangelistic Facebook account. This is a valuable tool to reach the unsaved masses.
Support: We are currently at 67% of support for our ministry expenses. 100% of money donated to us goes to support the ministry – we use NO money for personal expenses.
Prayer Needs: The Lord’s will regarding secular work and health benefits. Help in raising support for the ministry. Please keep us in prayer for our personal financial needs (we are still paying off medical bills) in addition to the ministry’s financial needs. Pray that Bob can spend time migrating and restoring hacked websites.
Specific Financial Needs: Our server needs have been met for the year! Praise God!
We need to replace our digial camera. It is 18 years old and still uses a floppy disk as memory to save photos. We are looking to spend about $400 max for a new camera that will take photos and videos. Please keep this in prayer for us.
Please consider a donation. FamilyNet is a 501 (C)(3) charity. Donations are tax deductible in the US – You can donate via PayPal (Donate button is on http://www.cyber-missions.com) or mail a check:
P.O. Box 451951
Garland, TX 75045
Harvester Baptist Church sent us a special offering allowing us to cover all the server costs and Phone service for the entire year!
Thanks to Harvester Baptist Church in Ellicott City Maryland, Lavon Drive Baptist Church in Garland Texas, Cornerstone Baptist Church in Roanoke Virginia, Marion Baptist Church in Marion Texas, Jim and Carol Cahill, Dr. Nancy Shields of Toolkit Ministries, and Calvary Baptist Church in Mesquite,TX for ongoing regular support. We received individual donations from Jane Quarles, Faith Baptist Church in Aransas Pass Texas , Jonathan Alford Family (Missionaries to Mexico) and New Beginnings Baptist Church in Edgewood Texas.
In Jesus Sevice,