“When you go on the internet, please pray for the Hoffman Family – your missionaries to Cyberspace.”
Volume 32 Issue 5 (September 2019)
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
The Latest News:
- I have added the last language (God’s Bridge – Afrikaans) to our Gods Bridge Website. You can visit the Afrikaans page here. We now have Bible tracts up in seven languages, and the God’s Bridge Children’s tract. I have had the God’s Bridge tracts up since 2017. I am starting to try and figure out how to get these Bible tracts advertised on the Internet. I would like to figure out a way to get them out via some paid advertisement. I have created a Facebook Page for the Bible Tracts called God’s Bridge (facebook.gods-bridge.com). I am still in the early stages of research though. The page can direct ministries that may want a link to an online Bible tract.
- Lavon Drive Baptist Church (our home church) spotlights their missionaries through a 2 minute video they like to call a “missionary minute.” Maureen and I recorded our “missionary minute” video. After the service in which it was played, I had several church members tell me they had no idea that we were doing so many things as “Missionaries to Cyberspace.”
- I have added a news feed from Christian Headlines on the Cyber-missions.com website. You can now see the top Christian headlines and click and see the full stories anytime you want, including their full news feed broken down with all 15 sub categories. Click on the Christian Headlines tab for the Top Headlines, or use the pull down menus for the sub topics.
I am currently expanding our social media outreach. We are currently on Facebook and Twitter. Recently I heard about a Facebook alternative called Spreely. Spreely was formed from “SPeak fREELY.” Spreely looks and feels similar to Facebook. It was easy to set up my Spreely account.
Church Website Ministry:
- Several months ago Evangelist Jesse Butcher contacted me and let me know that me know that Jesse and Dee Butcher wanted to get a website going. Jesse picked out the domain name “thebutcherfamily.org.” I worked with Jesse and Dee on what plugins they needed to accomplish what they wanted do with the website. Their website has some of their music samples available from their Facebook page, as well as their Calendar so people can see where they will be.
Bible Correspondence Courses: We want to thank Katherine Feguer, Lydia Henrici, Lorraine Meier, J.L. & Florence Smith for helping on the Bible Correspondence courses over the last quarter.
3rd Quarter Stats:
- Lessons mailed 877
- Salvation 1
- Certificates 32
- Students 174 (34 are prisoners)
- 1 student graduated, talking all the courses we offer.
- Countries: Canada, Ghana, India, Kenya, Nigeria, Saint Lucia, Sri Lanka and USA.
232 Lessons were also mailed to Oasis of Hope Children’s Center in Kenya.
Here are some comments we received from people that are taking the correspondence courses:
- A note from Bro. Gideon who helps us get Bible lessons into schools in Nigeria. Calvary greetings in His name, hope you, family and the Lord’s work is going on well. Find enclosed completed courses scripts for grading and a list for new students from our school that would want to enroll. Thanks for the privileges for being into this partnership with you. My regards to the family and partners.
- Note from a 26 year old student in Oregon. I have learned how to be a true Christian and how to do God’s Will; by seeking first His kingdom and walking by faith and not by sight. P.S. Thank you for helping me with these studies God bless!
- A 67 year old student in Alabama writes “Thank you for the book marker, I love the pen. Bless all of you at FamilyNet. This was one of my favorite lessons. (Basis Bible Truths: Glorification) Enjoyed the study. Always in my prayers. Take care!”
Tract Ministry: We have “given out” over 102,000 Bible Tracts online.
Social Networking Outreach: I get new requests on my evangelistic Facebook account regularly. I now have 2579 “friends” in my evangelistic Facebook account. This is a valuable tool to reach the unsaved.
Support: We are currently at 68% of support for our ministry expenses.
- Bob’s prostate cancer seems to be gone. Latest 2 PSA readings are 0.
- Maureen is praying about some surgery in the beginning of 2020.
- Would you consider praying for us when special needs arise? If so, please subscribe to our prayer warrior’s mailing list.: http://eepurl.com/SYbI9.
Please consider a donation. FamilyNet is a 501 (C)(3) charity. Donations are tax deductible in the US – You can donate via PayPal (Donate button is on https://cyber-missions.org) or mail a check:
FamilyNet International Inc
P.O. Box 451951
Garland, TX 75045
In Jesus’ Service,
Bob and Maureen