“When you go on the internet, please pray for the Hoffman Family – your missionaries to Cyberspace.”
Volume 34 Issue 01 (January/February/2021)
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
The Latest News:
We had issues with the Baptist Ministries database, and our FamilyNet International websites throwing “Out of Resources” errors making it necessary to find new servers on a new host. We have put them up on Virtual Private Servers at a reasonable price.
Church Website Ministry:
I was contacted by Missionary Daniel Schiffbauer (he is getting ready to start his deputation, going to Bulgaria). Daniel had seen our offer for free web hosting for Independent Baptist ministries (ekklesia-online.com) and sent me a contact form. I called Daniel up, and we had a brief discussion about what he wanted to do with his website, and he decided on the domain name gospeltobulgaria.com. Daniel emailed me information for his website (deputation packet and prayer cards etc). I had Daniel set up on a WordPress website in a couple of hours. He and his wife reviewed it and were happy with the website. At some point in the future Daniel will be calling me and I will give him a quick tutorial on WordPress as well as add additional content he may want to include on his missionary to Bulgaria website.
Bible Correspondence Courses: We want to thank Katherine Feguer, Lydia Henrici, Barbara Kaemmer, Lorraine Meier and J.L. & Florence Smith for helping with the Bible Correspondence courses over the last quarter.
4th Quarter Stats: We mailed out 625 Lessons to 105 active students (20 of which were imprisoned). We issued 23 Certificates. One student finished all the courses we offer.
2020 Stats: We mailed out 3075 lessons. We issued 117 Certificates. We saw 2 people trust Christ as their Saviour. We had students in the USA, Brazil, Canada, Haiti, India, Nigeria, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts, Sweden and Zambia.
Here are some comments we received from people that are taking the correspondence courses:
- A prisoner in Nevada writes: Hello & God bless. I want you to know that I really love and enjoy your Bible lessons.
- A 21 year old student from MS writes: Dear Bob, Maureen, Lorraine, Barbara, Lydia, JL and Florence, Thank you for the wonderful Christmas card. It was a much needed surprise for myself and my family. I also enjoyed the new bookmark that now rests in my Bible. As I have just started my third year at (she mentions her college name) this past August, I have found myself looking for ways to stay focused on God while getting my school work done on time. This Bible study gives me something to look forward to. Thanks again for the card and bookmark. I will cherish them.
- A prisoner in Texas answered the question: What is the most important thing you have learned in this lesson? He wrote Quiet time. I had a whole day yesterday with God and today I feel so energetic. People thought I was sick or sad. But I was with the LORD. I still feel good. So good!
- We have “given out” over 128,000 Bible Tracts online.
- Our advertising has offered tracts to almost 4 million people in 7 languages around the world. Over 20,000 people have actually “accepted” the digital tract!
- You can support our advertising at $150 per month. You can target a specific language or even a country.
Social Networking Outreach:
- Facebook – 2643 Friends (Purging inactive contacts)
- Spreely – 1100 Friends
- USA.life – 5682 Friends
- mewe – 2400 Friends
Support: We are currently at 70% of support for our ministry expenses.
- Would you consider praying for us when special needs arise? If so, please subscribe to our prayer warrior’s mailing list.: http://eepurl.com/SYbI9.
Specific Financial Needs:
- Internet Costs for 2021 $800
- Hosting Costs for 2021 $1100
- Advertising Costs $150 per month for gospel tract outreach
Please consider a donation. FamilyNet is a 501 (C)(3) charity. Donations are tax deductible in the US – You can donate via PayPal (Donate button is on https://cyber-missions.org) or mail a check:
FamilyNet International Inc
P.O. Box 451951
Garland, TX 75045
In Jesus’ Service,
Bob and Maureen