“When you see the DOG go to GOD in prayer for the Hoffman Family – missionaries to Cyberspace.”
(You are receiving this because you have a baptistmail.net email forwarder – you can unsubscribe or request to be unsubscribed at any time. Doing so will result in the cancellation of you baptistmail.net forwarder.)
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
The Latest News: Since work is still going at full bore, I am going to start putting out this newsletter on a quarterly basis. Please continue to pray for us and the job situation.
- Church Website Ministry:
- Marion Baptist Church (one of our first supporting churches) has been set up using WordPress. The new webmaster wanted to change over to WordPress from the old templates. I installed a temporary second level domain for Samuel (the new webmaster) to build his WordPress site. He provided an external theme and some plugins which I installed for him. The new site went live today at http://www.marion-baptist-church.us.
- Hacked SOHO Templates Website – The zealots in Saudi Arabia (waging their war on Christianity) have figured out a way to hack the old templates (we stopped using them and supporting them several years ago). I have no way to go back and fix them since the software has been modified and the new version is no longer free. I need to go and try and notify all the ministries that are still on the old templates of the potential risk and get them converted over to the new templates. Please pray for the Lord to give me the time to get this taken care of….
Bible Correspondence Courses: We want to thank Katherine Feguer, John & Lydia Henrici, JL and Florence Smith for helping on the Bible Correspondence courses over the last several months.
- Postage has gone up again. We are currently struggling to meet the ministry’s financial needs, and are going to have to start throttling the Bible Correspondence Courses, particularly overseas. An overseas package is costing us from $6 to $39 (USD) each!
- First Quarter Stats: We mailed out 902 lessons, 32 certificates to 178 active students (32 international and 15 incarcerated). We had three salvation (a man in Pakistan, 59 y/o man in Tennessee and A 5 y/o child in Washington State.) decisions. We had students in the USA, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Kenya (new country), Nigeria, Pakistan (new country), Philippines, Singapore, South Africa (new country), Sri Lanka, Uganda (new country), United Kingdom and Zambia (new country).
- Here are some comments we received from people that are taking the correspondence courses:
- From Uganda: Praise the Lord:) I’ve just received the Bible lessons today from the post office and as usual excited about them. I am gonna start working on them today evening and I pray i am done within the week and mail them back for grading. Thank you so much and may GOD bless you. Pray for us because its too much sunshine in my country since the year begun, there has not been any rain at all.
PHILIPPINES – 40 years old: Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my request. I’m looking forward to receive the Bible lessons that you have sent me. I know that it will be a great help in my Christian life. May God richly bless your ministry and keep up the good work!
From a 55 year old man in Texas… Everything in this booklet is important. Learning about the furniture of the Tabernacle was what I needed to know.There is a lot about the Bible I don’t understand but I know these lessons will help me to understand.
Grandmother in Louisiana…Please send one of your Bible courses to my grandson. I hope he will receive 1/2 as much enjoyment from your courses as I have.
Prisoner, 44, in North Carolina…I would like to say thank you to you all for your time and these wonderful studies in God’s Holy word to help me in my daily walk with Jesus and bring me closer to Him. I would also like to say thank you for the Christmas card as it was very touching, it was the only one I received, thank you.
Ministry: We are still “giving out” 700+ Bible Tracts per month, We have “given out” over 50,000 Bible Tracts online.
Support: We are currently at 67% of support for our ministry expenses. 100% of money donated to us goes to support the ministry – we use NO money for personal expenses.
Prayer Needs: The Lord’s will regarding secular work and health benefits. Help in raising support for the ministry.Please keep us in prayer for our personal financial needs in addition to the ministry’s financial needs.
Specific Financial Needs: We still have several needs
- Projector for the ministry presentation $500-$700
- We are currently switching from Vonage phone service to save about $300 per year. Unfortunately the attempt to port our number has gone well over the anticipated time required to pirt. The Vonage is due to renew on May 31. Please pray for the Lord to facilitate the number transfer so we can keep our old number.
Please consider a donation. FamilyNet is a 501 (C)(3) charity. Donations are tax deductible in the US – You can donate via PayPal (Donate button is on http://www.cyber-missions.com) or mail a check:
P.O. Box 451951
Garland, TX 75045
Thanks to Harvester Baptist Church in Ellicott City Maryland, Lavon Drive Baptist Church in Garland Texas, Cornerstone Baptist Church in Roanoke Virginia and Marion Baptist Church in Marion Texas, Johnny (the Baptist) Campbell, Jim and Carol Cahill, Dr. Nancy Shields of Tool Kit Ministries, and Calvary Baptist Church in Mesquite,TX for ongoing regular support. Additionally we received individual donations from Mr. and Mrs. Cecil Gibbons, Mr. and Mrs Ken Woo, Carol Maulding, Jane Quarles, James P. London and Richard Whittle.