“When you go on the internet, please pray for the Hoffman Family – your missionaries to Cyberspace.”
Volume 34 Issue 6 (November/December/2021)
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! We pray you all had a great Thanksgiving and that you have a Blessed CHRISTmas!
The Latest News:
- Bob was privileged to preach a Thanksgiving service at Pleasant Valley Baptist Church in Dallas Texas.
- Maureen and I had the opportunity to teach and present our ministry at Wilson Avenue Baptist Church (Aurora Missouri) on October 17, 2021. We had a great time, and appreciate the generosity of the church. I have been hosting their website since February.
Church Website Ministry:
- I was contacted by Pastor Nathan Stevenson from Bible Baptist Church in Pace Florida. Pastor Stevenson had taken over as Pastor of Bible Baptist Church about a year ago and was looking for help in improving their website. I was able to look at the (proprietary) platform his website was hosted on. The programming language (php) was outdated and a security risk. I could find no way to upgrade the php online. The domain was owned by the hosting provider, and could not be transferred out. While the current website could be updated, Brother Nathan was not happy with it. We decided that the best course of action was to register a new domain (bbcpace.com). All my attempts to get the old website to forward to the new domain were fruitless. I set up a WordPress website using the same content he had on the old website (in a new format). Pastor Nathan was happy with the new look and feel of the website, and he will be letting the old hosting account expire.
- I was contacted by Pastor Rick Legg of Lighthouse Baptist Church in Albuquerque New Mexico regarding a website for their church. I had an “Unofficial” website up for the Baptist Ministries database, and they wanted to know how it could be updated. The “unofficial” website could not be updated by users as it was a subdomain. We discussed options and Pastor Legg selected lighthouseabq.com as a domain for their new website to be hosted with WordPress. I set up WordPress with the basic features he wanted. I spoke with a church member shortly after that and got some technical requirements and provided some training. Lighthouse Baptist Church Albuquerque New Mexico now has a nice website to represent their ministry on the Internet.
Bible Correspondence Courses: We want to thank Katherine Feguer, Lydia Henrici, Lorraine Meier, J.L. & Florence Smith for helping with the Bible Correspondence courses over the last quarter.
Here are some comments we received from people that are taking the correspondence courses:
- From a prisoner in Arkansas: To Whom This May Concern; I appreciate the very informative letter and listed scripture that explain Biblical views regarding baptism. I plan to complete my re-dedication to Christ upon my release by being re-baptized. (He was sprinkled as a baby). I thank you, Bob and Maureen, so much for taking the time to explain this matter in depth, backed by Scripture. It’s fellow believers such as you both that keep lonely Christians like myself, in this temporary hell I have created, going strong through Christ. I can’t begin to tell you what a blessing you both are to me along with this Bible course! I thank you for your time and look forward to possibly hearing from the both of you soon. Sincerely, your brother in Christ…
- A prisoner in Arkansas was saved, about a year ago, through the Bible lessons. He calls us Mama and Papa. He writes: I just wanted to send my love and best to you and all the church family. I’ll be quick cause I know you get plenty to do AND things here been pretty mundane around here. Same ol’ same ol’, ya know. I been memorizing verses as well. I got John 3:16 down pat. I’m studying and keeping busy with God. All my love
- A student from Iowa writes: This is a good lesson & Bible study. All believers including new converts need to do your Bible studies! I may tell others to get & do your Bible studies? *The answer, of course, was “yes, please do!!”
- From a 70 year old student in Tennessee: I gave this study, I did, last week when the head Deacon and his wife announced to our adult Sunday school class that we could lose our salvation! He is also the teacher of the class. Obviously, we had a lively debate, but they were unconvinced. I felt empty when I went home. I was compelled to dig into the Bible and try and provide scripture that would convince them that they shouldn’t fear of losing their salvation, and definitely, not teach this false doctrine! Amazingly, not being able to lose your salvation was covered in your course Practical Christian Living, Book 5, lesson 14. I thought I would share this with you. Thank you.
Tract Ministry: We have “given out” over 170,800 Bible Tracts online.
Social Networking Outreach:
- Facebook – 3.2K Friends (Facebook no longer showing exact numbers)
- Mewe – 8.4K Friends (Max friends Mewe shows. Way above this number)
- Spreely – 2333 Friends
- USA.life – 6685 Friends
Support: We are currently at 68% of support for our ministry expenses. (Due to an increase in domain costs and hosting costs, we are back down to 68%)
- Would you consider praying for us when special needs arise? If so, please subscribe to our prayer warrior’s mailing list.: http://eepurl.com/SYbI9.
Specific Financial Needs:
- Hosting costs for 2022 $1535.40
- Advertising Costs $150 per month for gospel tract outreach
- Internet Costs for 2022 $800
- Security Costs for 2022 $250
Please consider a donation. FamilyNet is a 501 (C)(3) charity. Donations are tax deductible in the US – You can donate via PayPal (Donate button is on https://cyber-missions.org) or mail a check:
FamilyNet International Inc
P.O. Box 451951
Garland, TX 75045
In Jesus’ Service,
Bob and Maureen