“When you go on the internet, please pray for the Hoffman Family – your missionaries to Cyberspace.”
Volume 36 Issue 2 (March/April 2023)
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
The Latest News:
One of our hosting providers increased the cost of their servers by 30% in March. We found another provider who offers similar services at a more affordable price, so we decided to switch to them in order to save on costs without compromising the quality of our hosting service. We are in the process of migrating the service to the two remaining providers. This has been a challenge! I spent a week working with one of the providers to try and fix the upgrade process. The new provider got off to a rocky start, with three outages in the first nine days we were on the service. As we move away from the more expensive server, kindly pray for us!
- 1st Quarter Stats: We mailed out 935 lessons, issued 34 certificates to 144 students (includes 24 prisoners and 8 online students). We mailed lessons to Canada, India, Nigeria, St Kitts (West Indies) and USA. A 15 year old girl from India get saved – to God be the glory!!!
Here are some comments we received from people that are taking the correspondence courses:
- A student in Louisiana writes – Just to let you know, I am enjoying these lessons VERY much! Thank you for such a blessing with each lesson.
- From a prisoner in AR – The study of John was a serious study! I love it! I love you guys. I love Jesus. I do pray daily for you, your loved ones and the ministry. All praise and glory to God
- We have “given out” over 163,000 Bible Tracts online
- Through our ad campaigns we are offering about 1 million tracts to unique individuals per month in 7 languages worldwide..
- Our ads have reached over 19 million people since we started advertising in February 2020.
Social Networking Outreach:
- Facebook – 3 K Friends (Facebook no longer showing exact numbers)
- Mewe – 8.4K Friends (Max friends Mewe shows. Way above this number)
- Spreely – 2654 Friends
- USA.life – 6920 Friends
Support: We are currently at 70% of support for our ministry expenses.
- Bob’s prostate cancer numbers are steady. Please pray cancer is not returning.
- Maureen and Bob have several ongoing (not major) health issues. Lots of pain.
- Pray that our server migration goes well, without disruption to the 135 ministries we are hosting.
- Would you consider praying for us when special needs arise? If so, please subscribe to our prayer warrior’s mailing list.: http://eepurl.com/SYbI9.
Specific Financial Needs:
- Foundation repair on our home $6291 outstanding.
- Hosting Costs $1420 (reduced due to migration!)
- Bible Tract ads (We reach 1 Million people for $150/mo).
- Internet Costs $600
Please consider a donation. FamilyNet is a 501 (C)(3) charity. Donations are tax deductible in the US – You can donate via PayPal or mail a check:
FamilyNet International Inc
P.O. Box 451951
Garland, TX 75045
In Jesus’ Service,
Bob and Maureen